Foreign Exchange Reserves Nearing US$100 Bn
"The amount equals 7.1 months of imports and foreign debts"
(VivaNews/ Nur Farida)
VIVAnews - Bank Indonesia announced that Indonesia's foreign exchange reserves by late December 2010 neared US$100 billion.
"Foreign exchange reserves by late December 2010 hit US$96.2 billion," said BI Governor Darmin Nasution in Jakarta, Jan 5.
Compared to November, the foreign exchange reserves rocketed by US$4 billion. "The amount equals 7.1 months of imports and foreign debts," he said.
According to Darmin, capital inflow chipped in foreign exchange reserves in the form of both direct and indirect investment.
According to an economist at the Standard Chartered Bank, Fauzi Ichsan, the central bank will be more confident in monitoring the rupiah exchange rate.
Translated by: Bonardo Maulana W
- SEJARAH: VIDEO USS Liberty, Kapal Perang AS Dibombardir Israel
- Foto dan Video: Pasukan Lumba-lumba Militer Krimea
- Einstein, Nuklir dan Propaganda Depopulasi Manusia Di Film X Men
- VIDEO: Monster Chimera dan Modifikasi Genetik
- VIDEO:Kisah Unik Kisah di Balik Rambut Gimbal Wanita Suku Himba
- SEJARAH: Kisah Dua Tawanan Jepang Di Kamp Tahanan Militer Jakarta
- Unik Tempat DenganNama Terpendek di Dunia, Satu Huruf.