Indonesia Mt Bromo Spews More Ashes Today
"The smoke reaches 400 to 800 meters of heights"
VIVAnews - Mount Bromo in Probolinggo, East Java, has seen a rise in volcanic activity in these past few days as consecutive eruptions spew thick grey plumes into the air.
"The smoke reaches 400 to 800 meters of height," said Gede Suantika, a spokesperson of Volcanology and Geological Disaster Mitigation Agency today, Feb 23.
Gede went on to say that the eruptions are also followed by volcanic bombs that Mt Bromo ejected into the air.
Data shows that on going tremors at 6-40 meters of amplitude still take place. "Nine strong eruptions occurred this morning at 40 mm of amplitude," said Gede.
The authorities have set Mount Bromo status at 'standby', restricting any visitor to get near to the site by as close as 2 kilometers.
Coverage by: Tudji Martudji | Surabaya
- Misteri Puzzle yang Menyelimuti Antartica
- Tehnik Manusia Terbang dalam Pembuatan Piramida Mesir
- Rahasia Illuminati dalam Uang Rp.10ribu Indonesia
- Orang Aceh Misterius yang Menembak Jend. Kohler pada Zaman Penjajahan
- Misteri Hilangnya 13 Aktifis Menjelang Reformasi
- FOTO dan VIDEO: Festival Olahraga Gulat Gambia
- VIDEO: Behind The Scene Baby Julius di Popular