Indonesian Policemen Attacked, Two Die
The incident took place before a Bank BCA office at Jalan Emi Saelan, Palu.
VIVAnews - Three policemen were subjects to brutal shooting yesterday in Palu, Central Sulawesi. Up until today, police have arrested two suspects who were allegedly involved in the incident.
Two out of the three victims from the shooting were dead. The incident took place before a Bank BCA office at Jalan Emi Saelan, Palu. However, the four perpetrators did not proceed with any robbery.
Minutes prior to the killing, the culprits headed directly toward a police station and aimed their shots at some police officers on guard. Witnesses said the shooters covered their faces with masks and helmets.
The deceased officers were originated from Makassar, South Sulawesi. Late Second Brig. Januar Yudhistira and Second Brig. Andi Irbar were sent today to their hometown.
Commission III at the House of Representatives (DPR), which deals with justice issues, launched a warning to the police over frequent acts of violence that have targeted the institution.
"We're expecting that the police in the future will no longer be victims of violent acts, especially in the aftermath of the Cirebon bombing," Deputy Chairman of Commission III, Azis Syamsuddin, told VIVAnews.
Earlier, a mosque at a police compound in Cirebon, West Java, was attacked by a suicide bomber on April 15, 2011. Dozens of police officers were injured during the incident. Last year on September 22, three policemen were shot to death at their station in Hamparan Perak, Deli Serdang, North Sumatra.
- Misteri Pembunuhan Presiden Kennedy Dengan Proyek UFO Rahasia
- Kawah Patomski, Kawah Misterius Bentukan Alien di Tengah Hutan Rusia
- "The Count" Penipu Ulung Paling Lihai di Dunia
- Hasta Brata, Misteri Ilmu Kepemimpinan Jawa
- Beredar Foto Seksi Mirip Sefty Sanustika Istri Fathanah
- Kisah Misteri Penyebab Kecelakaan di Gunung Lipan Kalimantan
- FOTO: Cantiknya Rosnita Putri Wanita Teman Dekat Arya Wiguna