Ten Regencies Score Poor Governance Index
Blitar takes the top position of local economic government index (TKED).
VIVAnews - Waropen Regency in Papua ranked the lowest in the Regional Economic Governance Index (TKED). With a TKED index of 39.4, the area scored worst for infrastructure sub-index with the lowest value of the final index calculation.
The top 10 regions ranked lowest for the overall TKED index are dominated by districts or cities in Papua. Meanwhile, the top 10 of the index are mostly taken by East Java districts.
The following is the list of 10 Indonesian regencies which have lowest TKED Index:
1. West Southeast Maluku with TKED index of 47.6
2. Keerom (Papua) with index of 47.5
3. Southwest Maluku (Maluku) with index of 47.5
4. Bombana (Sulawesi) with index of 47.4
5. Morotai Island (North Maluku) with index of 46.6
6. Bintuni Gulf (West Papua) with index of 45.2
7. West Halmahera (North Maluku) with index of 44.8
8. East Seram (Maluku) with index of 40.7
9. West Seram (Maluku) with index of 40.6
10. Waropen (Papua) with index of 39.4
Meanwhile, the top 10 scorers of TKED index are
1. Blitar (East Java) with TKED index of 80.5
2. North Lampung (Lampung), 79.0
3. Probolinggo (East Java), 78.4
4. Kota Baru (Java), 76.3
5. Sorong (West Papua), 74.6
6. Central Bangka (Babel), 74.3
7. Magetan (East Java), 73.9
8. Probolinggo (East Java), 73.8
9. Solok City(West Sumatra), 73.2
10. Padang Panjang City (West Sumatra) 73.1
The survey was held by the Regional Autonomy Implementation Monitoring Committee (KPPOD) and The Asia Foundation (TAF), covering 245 regencies and municipalities in 19 provinces. The units of analysis of this survey are small, medium, and large enterprises and the survey respondent was the owner/ manager amounting to 12,391 people.
This survey is based on nine indicators such as regional infrastructure, business expansion programs, interactions access to land between the government and business players, transaction fees, business licensing, security and business conflict resolution efforts, the capacity and integrity of the head of the region, and local regulations.
As a result, a region's characteristics affect the overall TKED index.
According to KPPOD Executive Director, P. Agung Pambudhi, in general, urban areas have higher TKED index values than districts with a ratio 65.9: 62.1.
Meanwhile, the districts located on the island tend to have a higher index than those in the in large / major islands by a comparison (West Indonesia) of 65.6: 60.6 (Eastern Indonesia).
Regencies located in western Indonesia have better the index values than those located in the eastern part with the ratio of 63.7 (non Islands): 59.6 (islands).
"Densely populated districts or cities have better TKED index. Districts with low population density tend to have a low index in average. In contrast, areas with high population density have a high index, especially those having 600 people/square km of density, " Agung said during the KPPOD Award at the Hotel Borobudur, Jakarta, on Tuesday 7 June 2011.
The following winners from several other categories:
1. Category of private business development program, Lumajang District
2. Category of interaction between governments and businesses: Probolinggo (East Java)
3. Category of Business License: North Lampung
4. Category capacity and integrity of the regional head: Buton (Sulawesi Utara)
5. Categories quality regional regulations: Kubu Raya district, (West Kalimantan)
6. Peace and conflict resolution Category: Kolaka District of North Sulawesi
7. Land Access Category: District of North Kolaka
8. Category management area of ??infrastructure: Blitar (East Java)
9. Regional economic governance category: Blitar
10. General categories: Blitar.
Translated by Indah Lestari
- Efek Music Mozart Terhadap Kesehatan dan Kecerdasan
- Memori Otak Bisa Disimpan dalam Hardisk
- Misteri Kasus Frederick Valentich Diculik UFO
- Gilles de Rais, Legenda Pembunuh Berantai Awal Modern
- Misteri: Kasus Kematian Peragawati Dietje di Era 80an
- VIDEO: Kemunculan Cahaya Misterius Di Atas Kubah Masjidil Aqsa
- FOTO: Mariachi, Offroader Wanita Dengan Skill Super