Afghanistan and NU Agree on Recommendations
A recommendation emphasizes the importance of an independent and sovereign Afghanistan.
VIVAnews - The supreme council of Nahdlatul Ulama (PBNU), an Indonesian Muslim organization with over 40 million members, and Afghan delegates of clerics agreed to put into consideration nine recommendations for peace in Afghanistan.
"The problems that the Afghans are dealing with are not solely theirs. All countries in the region and the whole world must bear with Afghanistan. This is an important issue since PBNU is also concerned with their problems. How the problems are faced is the key to peace process especially in Islamic communities," said an influential cleric and member of the Supreme Court Kiai Haji Achmad Mustofa Bisri.
Meanwhile, former president of Afghanistan and chief of the peace delegates, Burhanuddin Rabbani, uttered his gratitude to Nahdlatul Ulama and the Indonesian people.
"We thank our friends in NU that have initiated the meeting. [Indonesia] is the first Muslim country in the world which offer brotherhood and friendship to us as a form of supports. It's also Afghanistan as well which in the past became one of the many countries recognizing Indonesia as an independent nation," said Rabbani.
A recommendation emphasizes the importance of an independent and sovereign Afghanistan in which colonialism is not part of the issue.
The suggestion also underlines a problem that is difficult to endure by the Afghans: conflicts and quarrels amongst local communities as well as the increasing number of refugees.
- Upaya Pembunuhan Putin, Sebagai Penyulut Perang Dunia III
- Misteri Teori Tiga Spesies Manusia yang Ada di Bumi
- Mengenal Karakter SENGKUNI Dalam Politik dan Pewayangan Mahabarata
- Tempest Stela: Laporan Cuaca Tertua Mengubah Sejarah Mesir
- Misteri Pawai Jokowi dan JK Dikawal Prajurit Prabu Siliwangi
- Kenaikan BBM 1 November, Kado Pertama Pemerintahan Jokowi?
- Kisah Cinta Tragis Antara Manusia dan Hantu di Thailand