Indonesia Makassar to Develop Monorail
The initial stage of the monorail project will take place in January 2012.
VIVAnews - The development of monorail system in Makassar, South Sulawesi, has been neatly designed. A memorandum of understanding between the Makassar, Maros, and Gowa governments with PT Bukaka Teknik Utama, a construction company owned by former Indonesian vice president Jusuf Kalla has been signed.
The transportation system is claimed the first mass transport system in the archipelago, dubbed by Makassar Mayor as 'an achievement in our nation's history.'
Around 80-90 percent of the project development is carried out by Indonesian nationals. "It is the work of our best fellow Indonesians," said Solihin Kalla, Kalla Group Development Director.
"We are only importing supporting materials such as dynamo, traction, and tires. Minor components are however assembled at Bukaka [factory]," he said.
The initial stage of the monorail project will take place in January 2012 and is targeted to be completed by 2015. Kalla Group prepares Rp4 trillion of fund for the development of the 30-km length track system.
Coverage by: Rahmat Zeena | Makassar
- Misteri Sejarah Nabi Adam Diturunkan di Bumi Nusantara
- FOTO: Cantiknya Para SPG Tokyo Auto Salon 2015
- Fenomena Aneh, Banjir Air Panas di Swedia
- Misteri Kampung Persembunyian Koruptor di Situ Gede
- Wanita di Desa ini Hampir Semuanya Berprofesi Sebagai PSK
- FOTO: Keindahan Pulau Langkawi Namun Juga Berhantu
- Famdihana Ritual Menari Bersama Tengkorak Leluhur