Indonesia Makassar to Develop Monorail
The initial stage of the monorail project will take place in January 2012.
VIVAnews - The development of monorail system in Makassar, South Sulawesi, has been neatly designed. A memorandum of understanding between the Makassar, Maros, and Gowa governments with PT Bukaka Teknik Utama, a construction company owned by former Indonesian vice president Jusuf Kalla has been signed.
The transportation system is claimed the first mass transport system in the archipelago, dubbed by Makassar Mayor as 'an achievement in our nation's history.'
Around 80-90 percent of the project development is carried out by Indonesian nationals. "It is the work of our best fellow Indonesians," said Solihin Kalla, Kalla Group Development Director.
"We are only importing supporting materials such as dynamo, traction, and tires. Minor components are however assembled at Bukaka [factory]," he said.
The initial stage of the monorail project will take place in January 2012 and is targeted to be completed by 2015. Kalla Group prepares Rp4 trillion of fund for the development of the 30-km length track system.
Coverage by: Rahmat Zeena | Makassar
- Upaya Pembunuhan Putin, Sebagai Penyulut Perang Dunia III
- Misteri Teori Tiga Spesies Manusia yang Ada di Bumi
- Mengenal Karakter SENGKUNI Dalam Politik dan Pewayangan Mahabarata
- Tempest Stela: Laporan Cuaca Tertua Mengubah Sejarah Mesir
- Misteri Pawai Jokowi dan JK Dikawal Prajurit Prabu Siliwangi
- Kenaikan BBM 1 November, Kado Pertama Pemerintahan Jokowi?
- Kisah Cinta Tragis Antara Manusia dan Hantu di Thailand