Jakarta Wary of Future Sea Wall Effects
"I'm worried of the future effects [of the development]"
VIVAnews - Jakarta sees worsening level of land subsidence that the planned development of giant sea wall is now urgent.
The billion dollar project is also expected to supply water to the Indonesian capital's deteriorating system of water supply.
However, the future environmental impacts of the project in the years to come are not yet identified.
"I'm worried of the future effects [of the development]," said Jakarta Governor, Fauzi Bowo, today.
Up until today, the environmental impact assessment of the sea wall project is not yet ready.
The sea wall is touted as being able to anticipate the outcome of the rise in sea water level which may drown Jakarta in 2025.
The engineers from Rotterdam, the Netherlands, will only have two years in setting up the most appropriate strategies.
- Misteri Puzzle yang Menyelimuti Antartica
- Tehnik Manusia Terbang dalam Pembuatan Piramida Mesir
- Rahasia Illuminati dalam Uang Rp.10ribu Indonesia
- Orang Aceh Misterius yang Menembak Jend. Kohler pada Zaman Penjajahan
- Misteri Hilangnya 13 Aktifis Menjelang Reformasi
- FOTO dan VIDEO: Festival Olahraga Gulat Gambia
- VIDEO: Behind The Scene Baby Julius di Popular