Baharuddin Lopa became Minister of Justice
8 years ago today, Baharuddin Lopa became Indonesian Minister of Justice and Human Rights
VIVAnews – Baharuddin Lopa was born in Mandar, South Sulawesi, on 27 August 1935. He attended Hasanuddin University, majored in law, and graduated in 1962.
Prior to becoming Minister of Justice and Human Rights, Lopa had a lengthy career as an attorney, including services as a district attorney at the State District Attorney Office in Ujung Pandang (1958 to 1960) and head of the State District Attorney Office in Ternate (1964-1966).
From 1966 to 1976, Lopa led several High District Attorney Offices, began in Southeast Sulawesi (1966-1970), Aceh (1970-1974), and finally in West Kalimantan (1974-1976).
In 1982, Lopa was appointed head of the High District Attorney Office in South Sulawesi. At the same time, he obtained a doctoral degree in law from the Faculty of Law, Diponegoro University.
During his career as an attorney, Lopa was famous for his harsh attitude towards corruption. That’s why, in February 2001, Lopa was appointed Minister of Justice and Human Rights by then Indonesian President Abdurrahman Wahid, replacing Yusril Ihza Mahendra. Lopa officially entered the office of Minister of Justice and Human Rights on 12 February 2001.
After four months serving as a minister, on 6 June 2001, Lopa was appointed Attorney General, replacing Marzuki Darusman. Unfortunately, a month and a half later, on 30 June 2001, Lopa fell ill while traveling in Saudi Arabia.
Baharuddin Lopa passed away on 31 July 2001 at 66, due to heart failure.
- Fenomena Paranormal Street Light Interference yang Misterius
- Teori Efek Mpemba, Pembekuan pada Air yang Panas
- NSA, CIA, Project PRISM dan Illuminati Awasi Dunia Internet
- Misteri Kayu Pucang Kalak di Tongkat Komando Bung Karno
- VIDEO: Kisah Nyata Pengusiran Jin Dari Tubuh Anneliese Michel
- Misteri Kayu Tomo, Sebagai Akar Penopang Gunung Salak
- Misteri Kedekatan Chintyara Alona dengan Vicky Prasetyo