Indonesia Garuda Set to Buy 11 Airbus
"The deal will be signed this evening in the State Palace."
(Antara/ Audy Alwi)
VIVAnews - Indonesia's flag carrier PT Garuda Indonesia is set to buy 11 Airbus A330-300 worth US$2.5 billion. "The deal will be signed this evening in the State Palace," said Garuda Indonesia Corporate Communications Manager, M. Ikhsan Rosan, through a phone call on Wednesday.
President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono and British Prime Minister are planned to witness the signing. Cameron visits Indonesia in efforts to improve the trade relations of both countries.
Despite the company's base in France, some parts of the Airbus are manufactured in the United Kingdom. Rolls-Royce, world's second-largest maker of aircraft engines, will contribute to the Airbus engines.
In addition to buying Airbus, Garuda had earlier ordered dozens of new airplanes from Boeing. This year, the airline purchased 11 new aircrafts consisting of nine Boeing 737-800 NG and two Airbus 330-200.
To date, Lion Air on 18 November 2011 signed the deal with Boeing worth US$21.7 billion. US President Barack Obama witnessed the signing in the sidelines of his visit to Bali.
- 40% Manusia Terinfeksi "Parasit Pengontrol Pikiran"
- Misteri Harta Karun 8 Ton Suku Maya
- Misteri Orang Sumeria dari Planet Nibiru
- Kebetulan yang Menakjubkan dalam Kematian
- FOTO: Paola Cazzola, Pembalap Wanita Cantik Pertama di Dunia
- Sum Kuning, Kasus Pemerkosaan Misterius di Indonesia
- FOTO: Kucing Bersayap dari China