Corby Consults Australia for Parole
The Indonesian authority rarely granted parole for foreigners.
VIVAnews – Schapelle Corby’s lawyer had talked with the Australian government officials in Bali about a proposal of support toward her parole.
Corby received a five-year clemency from President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono. However, she still has to wait for at least three more years to be free, unless she receives parole.
The Indonesian authority rarely granted parole for foreigners and Corby also has to go through a strict requirement.
However, the Australian Foreign Affairs and Trade Department, as reported by The Sidney Morning Herald site, so far refused to say whether or not they would grant the parole guarantee. However, the site also mentioned that the Australian officials are willing to ‘provide consultancy’ for Corby.
Corby was sentenced with 20 years of imprisonment for possessing 4.2 kg of marijuana.
On 25 May 2012, Corby’s lawyer, Iskandar Nawik, said his team would propose for Corby’s parole in no time to the Head of Class IIA Kerobokan Penitentiary, Gusti Ngurah Wiratna, thus making it possible to forward the proposal to the Minister of Justice and Human Rights.
- Misteri Persamaan Kasus Pembunuhan Mary Ashford dan Barbara Forrest
- Corpse Candle, Menguak Misteri Lilin Kematian
- Misteri Dimensi Pararel di Segitiga Bennington
- Kebetulan yang Menakjubkan dalam Kematian
- 5 Pasangan Ayah dan Anak Menjadi Presiden
- Join [Game] Team A vs Team B
- FOTO Kegiatan Harian Pesumo di Jepang