Chatib: Investment Climate to Be Improved
The economic downturn in Europe and the United States will be a huge test for the board.
VIVAnews - Chief of Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM), Chatib Basri, said the greatest challenge in terms of investment in Indonesia is to maintain the high level of investment growth.
Q1 this year has seen investment growth deemed highest in history, he said, with a total realization of Rp71.2 trillion.
"The problem is that whether or not it may go on in the next quarter," said Chatib after being officiated the new BKPM chief today.
According to Chatib, the economic downturn in Europe and the United States will be a huge test for the board.
Indonesia is in control of 48 percent of the ASEAN's economy. "India has grown five percent while Indonesia has the chance to gain 6.3 percent. It means that the possibility is there," he said.
He said the poor investment climate in Indonesia will be winded down.
Chatib believed the targeted investment in 2012 of Rp283.5 trillion can be achieved.
- Efek Music Mozart Terhadap Kesehatan dan Kecerdasan
- Memori Otak Bisa Disimpan dalam Hardisk
- Misteri Kasus Frederick Valentich Diculik UFO
- Gilles de Rais, Legenda Pembunuh Berantai Awal Modern
- Misteri: Kasus Kematian Peragawati Dietje di Era 80an
- VIDEO: Kemunculan Cahaya Misterius Di Atas Kubah Masjidil Aqsa
- FOTO dan VIDEO : Darin Mumtazah Pelajar Cantik Simpanan Lutfi Hasan