Golkar to Declare Presidential Candidate
The party has been criticized for making premature announcement.
(VIVAnews/ Muhamad Solihin)
VIVAnews – The Functional Group (Golkar) Party will officially declare Aburizal Bakrie as the party's 2014 presidential candidate in the national leadership meeting. However, the party has been criticized for making premature announcement on the candidacy.
“I think it will be too late to name the presidential candidate after the general elections,” said the Chairman of Golkar Party, Aburizal Bakrie, during an opening speech at the party’s national leadership meeting today in Bogor, West Java, on Friday.
He emphasized the short period of time between the legislative election and the presidential election.
Moreover, solidarity issue in his opinion could also be an obstacle.
“The spirit may fade, and so may the solidarity of the party due to the many existing political scenarios,” he said.
“We don’t want to have our concentration disturbed. We don’t want to have our solidarity compromised. And we don’t want to be late in declaring our presidential candidate,” said Aburizal.
With the naming of its presidential candidate this early, he said, Golkar Party has around 18 months for preparation prior to the presidential election.
Coverage by: Dian Widiyanarko
- Mengungkap Dua Pesan Crop Formation dari Alien di Inggris
- Kisah Wanita Bersandal Mawar Merah dari Mesir
- Rahasia Illuminati dalam Uang Rp.10ribu Indonesia
- Gilles de Rais, Legenda Pembunuh Berantai Awal Modern
- Misteri: Kasus Kematian Peragawati Dietje di Era 80an
- VIDEO: Kemunculan Cahaya Misterius Di Atas Kubah Masjidil Aqsa
- FOTO: Mariachi, Offroader Wanita Dengan Skill Super