Processing Industry Secure
The action will surely affect the pig processing industry.
VIVAnews - The government stated that they will block pork and pigs from being imported following the swine flu outbreak in Mexico. The action will surely affect the pig processing industry.
However, Industry Minister Fahmi Idris is convinced that it will not affect domestic pork processing industry. "Surely they will consider other meats such as beef, chicken, lamb. There is no problem with it," he said.
He also said that pork consumption in Indonesia is not as high as it is of other meats because of Indonesia's Muslim population. "The industry demands less pork so that there will be no effect," he added.
Earlier, Trade Minister Mari Elka Pangestu and Agriculture Minister Anton Apriyantono said imported pork and pig will soon be banned in order to anticipate the swine flu infection.
Indonesia has been importing pork from Australia and New Zealand of no more than 230 tons and pigs reaching 29,000 tons.
The swine flu has killed more than 150 people in Mexico.
Translated by: Ariyantri E. Tarman
- Efek Music Mozart Terhadap Kesehatan dan Kecerdasan
- Memori Otak Bisa Disimpan dalam Hardisk
- Misteri Kasus Frederick Valentich Diculik UFO
- Misteri Dibalik Uang Pecahan 20 Dollar Amerika
- Beredar Foto Seksi Mirip Sefty Sanustika Istri Fathanah
- Kisah Misteri Penyebab Kecelakaan di Gunung Lipan Kalimantan
- FOTO dan VIDEO : Darin Mumtazah Pelajar Cantik Simpanan Lutfi Hasan